Winter Bunny Christmas Card

When I discovered Lawn Fawn’s Pixie Dust cardstock I just fell in love.  What a great cardstock for a snowy hill!  Here’s a card I created for a friend of mine for Christmas.

Paper: Whisper White cardstock (Stampin’ Up!), Sahara Sand cardstock (Stampin’ Up!), Perfectly Plaid Christmas patterned paper (Lawn Fawn), Pixie Dust cardstock (Lawn Fawn)
Stamps: Snow is Glistening (Stampin’ Up!), Merry Patterns (Stampin’ Up!), Winter Bunny (Lawn Fawn)
Ink: Bermuda Bay ink – stamped off (Stampin’ Up!), Tudexo Black Memento ink (Tsukineko), colour pencils (Prismacolor)
Dies: Stitched Hillside Borders (Lawn Fawn)
Other: dimensional adhesive


Stampin’ Up!’s To You And Yours Paper Pumpkin Christmas Cards

When I received the To You and Yours Paper Pumpkin kit mid November, I was so excited to make the projects!  The kit was absolutely beautiful!  Well, it’s early December and I finally got to my kit.  Today I wanted to share two of the cards I made.  The first card is basically the card that was designed for us…I just forgot to adhere the vellum circle…OOPS!

The second card I altered slightly to use a sentiment that I felt would be more appropriate for a lady I know who lost her husband this year.  This first Christmas without him will be a hard one and the typical “Merry Christmas” greeting didn’t seem appropriate.  The greeting I used is from a retired Stampin’ Up! stamp set – Embellished Ornaments.  I also added an extra set of branches and placed the bow in a different location.

Thanks for stopping by!


Welcome Baby

My husband asked me if I could make a card for his co-worker, as his family is expecting their first baby in early December.  Here’s the card that I made.

As I am trying to use up supplies that I have on hand, I unfortunately don’t have names for everything that I have used, but I’ll do my best.

Paper: Bermuda Bay cardstock (Stampin’ Up!), Whisper White cardstock (Stampin’ Up!), unknown patterned paper (Martha Stewart)
Stamps: Critters Down Under (Lawn Fawn), A Little Wild (Stampin’ Up!)
Ink: Tuxedo Black Memento ink (Tsukineko), Old Olive ink (Stampin’ Up!), Pear Pizzazz ink for sponging (Stampin’ Up!), Balmy Blue ink for sponging (Stampin’ Up!), Coloured Pencils – 941, 946, 947, 929 (Prisma Color)
Dies: Little Loves Framelits (Stampin’ Up!)
Other: sponges, dimensional adhesive

Bingemans Big Splash

Another fun thing we did this summer was to go to Bingemans and enjoy some water park fun!  One of us started out a little unsure about the waterslides, but after one try we couldn’t get her to stop.  This layout uses this template by Simply Kelly Designs.  I simply altered the journaling spot to make it smaller and then added in another photo.  I used the Hot Summer Days kit by Kristin C.B.

Cambridge to Paris Rail Trail

Last week my husband and I spontaneously decided to hop on our bikes and head out the Cambridge to Paris Rail Trail.  We came home from the 48 km round trip exhausted, but it was a lot of fun.  Here’s the layout I created about that bike ride.  I started out with a template from Miss Fish called Living on the Grid.  I rotated it 90 degrees, spread it out over two pages, and then ended up changing the sizes of the photo boxes.  I used the Beautiful World kit by River Rose Designs for my page.

Elora Gorge

Last week we decided to go check out Elora Gorge.  We knew that there was tubing there but we decided just to make it a day to hike so we didn’t pack extra clothes.  We’ll definitely have to go back to try out the tubing as well as the nearby zip lining.  This layout was created using Kristin C.B.’s A Scenic Route: Forest Trails kit.  I used the Living on the Grid template by Miss Fish as a starting point for the layout.  I created a double spread and then moved some of the elements over to the right side of the page.  I also ended up deleting elements and changing many of the photo sizes to fit my photos.  Even though the page looks much different, I did want to give credit.